I conducted a poll on the lifeGO Facebook page: how much kindness would you give an unkind person?

Read on…..

The biggest influence in my life is my mother. My Ma gave and gave and gave. Not only did she ask for nothing in return, the most amazing thing about her is that she kept on giving even when it hurt her to give. She continued giving throughout times, always with a smile, though she must be hurting like hell on the inside, when it would have made more sense to walk away.

She epitomises the theory that love is boundless. I would love to continue her tradition.

I realised that I am not made of the same material as my Ma. Perhaps it’s a different era. Perhaps I was not brought up in a small village in Wales.

I put this poll out to lifeGO members. I am surprised by the result. Not a single person chose my Ma’s path. An overwhelming 90% chose the middle road: give, do your best, until the hurting starts. Then run like hell. The other 10% wisely chose “not my circus, not my monkeys”. I really resonated with the 10%, because it is not your job to solve people’s problems – sometimes, they don’t want it solved (because pain is addictive).

Someone shared a story that really explained the middle road so very clearly. Put a frog in a pot of water. Heat the water up. At first, the frog will try to adapt. Then when the water got too hot, it will jump out to save itself.

Here’s the poll results:

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 13.32.51