This is a glamorous meal that is deceptively simple to cook though you need to plan ahead.
- Peel the prawns (the larger the prawns, the better). Retain the shells to make the stock. Marinade the peeled prawns in garlic and olive oil. Put in fridge.
- Make fresh fish stock by boiling together fish bones and prawn shells with a chopped onion, two chopped tomatoes and one head of chopped garlic. Add a red chilli if you like a kick to the dish.
- Thirty minutes before serving, add a glass of white wine to the stock.
- Add chopped parsley and spring onions to the stock.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water.
- Saute the marinated prawns in olive oil.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti. Pour the stock over the spaghetti. Arranged the cook prawns on the bed of spaghetti. Season to taste. Serve with the white wine.