Feeling a bit down, I decided to treat myself and bought this purse and rosary:
The lift I felt was instantaneous as I gazed at my beautiful new belongings. How long will it last? Would I have to buy myself more beautiful new things, albeit “meaningful’ ones by next week, next month, to fill the weighty, yawning void in me?
Hmm, not sustainable. I don’t want my life to be cluttered anyway., even with beautiful possessions. So I decided to give myself some healing energy for a more permanent boost. Though I often light candles and send light to many, many people, I almost never send any to myself.
How to send healing energy to oneself? This energy is all around us. If you have a regular meditation practice, you will be aware of its movements through you. The most important thing about sending healing energy to yourself is not to try to control its path.
- Lie on your back like a starfish with your limbs spread out.
- If possible, be in direct contact with an element of nature – be it the earth, sunlight or fresh air.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply.
- Let your thoughts go.
- When you are calm and at one with all, bring your attention to your heart.
- Focus on opening it like a flower petal blooming gently.
- Breathe, and feel the light suffuse you.
- Stay here quietly for as long as you can (I did 30 minutes).
- Fill your house with inspiring music (for me, it’s Shania Noll’s Songs For the Inner Child) and take the words deep into you.