Sometime back, my friend Jane posted this photograph of her dinner:
it generated a lot of comments, in particular, requests for the recipe. Jane and I are pretty much intuitive cooks: we cook by feel (OK, she does measure out the ingredients when it comes to baking).
So here are the EXACT quantities of my version, a direct copy of Jane’s:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, lightly bashed
- 1 inch root ginger, finely julienned
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 bird’s eye chillies (the hot stuff)
- Salt and peper to taste
Marinate overnight and cook in a slow, hot oven (180-200 deg) for 2 hours. Here you go!