Kale is quite tough to eat raw because its leaves are chewy and hardy, but my friend Olivier, who is a vegan, showed me how to make this delicious salad that goes with almost everything.
*Note: if you are not a vegan, use ordinary mayonnaise.
- Kale – cut into fine strips
- Celery – thinly sliced
- An apple or two – cut into bite-sized chunks
- A handful of grapes – halved
- A handful of walnuts (they’re super good for you, by the way)
- Finely sliced white onion (optional)
- Vegannaise (available from health food shops)
- Salt and pepper
Toss all ingredients together and mix well. Season generously. Serve with anything, even non-vegan stuff 🙂
Chicken from Poplar Fried Chicken, £2 for the portion above.