Being unfamiliar with English plants, Woy had bought rosemary instead of lavender and was carefully nurturing these little babies. He was very disappointed when I told him that these were rosemary, good only for lamb chops.
Anyway, we went to a riverside pub one evening, and the restaurant had sweet potato chips on offer. It was, of course, more expensive than normal chips (£4.50 for a small portion).
The next day, I decided to make some. Here’s mine:
- Preheat oven to 300deg.F.
- Three to four sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chip-size*.
- Wash in cold water, pat dry.
- Put in a plastic food bag bag (reusable)
- Add rosemary leaves (plucked and crushed), 4 cloves garlic (minced), 1 tablespoon cornflour and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix everything up.
- Put on a baking tray and bake until golden.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
I served this with roasted garlic, grilled haloumi and baked baby courgettes with grated cheese to accompany rosemary roast chicken 😉 It’s a really good side dish, especially if you want to cut down on meat.
*PS. Cut your potatoes so that they’re chunkier. Mine was too skinny.